Auto accidents can be among the most traumatic experiences in a person’s life, resulting in physical injury and emotional trauma. On average, in the U.S., over 6 million people every year are involved in auto accidents. Almost 3 million of those incidents result in injury and 2 million drivers experience permanent injuries.
If you have recently been involved in an auto accident you should get a complete evaluation. Injuries from auto accidents can occur at speeds of under 10mph; and they do not always correlate to the amount of damage done to the vehicle. While low speed incidents may result in minimal damage to the vehicles involved the injuries sustained to the body may lead to long lasting pain, dysfunction, and make daily activities more difficult.
Under Oregon Personal Injury (PIP) laws you are entitled to a minimum of $15,000 and up to one year of treatment including: chiropractic, massage, acupuncture and physical therapy. The insurance covers anyone involved in the accident – the driver, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians. There is no co-pay and no prescription from a doctor is needed. Oregon is a “no fault” state, meaning you are covered even if the accident was your fault.
There are just a few simple steps to opening a medical claim so you may receive the treatment you need:
1. Call your insurance company. You will be assigned a “claims adjuster” for your case. That person will help you open your medical claim in order to seek treatment for injuries sustained.
2. In order to bill your PIP insurance, you will need to provide the following information: i) name of your car insurance company, ii) name and phone number of your claims adjuster, iii) your medical claims number provided to you by your claims adjuster.
3. To schedule an appointment with us please call us at (541)374-0037 or schedule with us online here.
In order to promote recovery and prevent soft tissue damage from worsening it is important to get prompt treatment after an auto accident. Treatment is designed to:
- Alleviate pain
- Maximize your body’s natural healing
- Relieve stress
- Allow the body to relax as it heals
- Address spinal and extremity joint injuries sustained in the accident
- Improve neurological function, soft tissue function, and blood circulation
- Promote rehabilitation and healing of injuries
- Decrease recovery time